Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Me and the TTC



If you've never sprawled out on your belly while riding the subway, you're missing out. It's like a gentle body massage. Well, gentle most of the time. In and out of St. George is a bit bumpy. It's a good time to flex up. I might start planking it. My people have started planking. They're cute.


Here are five things I love about the riding the TTC:

5.
Rita, the lady who calls out the station names. She's so thorough. "The next station is St. Clair. St. Clair Station." One day for a hoot, they should swap Rita out for a Jamaican lady with a thick accent. Like Grampa George's nurses. Sint Cleere Steeashun.

4.
The drumbeats on my head. Dan likes to play along with whatever he's listening to. Sometimes, I try to guess the song. The other day it was Waiting For a Star To Fall by Boy Meets Girl. He secretly loves it. Don't tell anybody.

3.
The people. Even the grumpy ones. Especially the grumpy ones. Not to brag, but I've turned a few frowns upside down in my day. I've also gotten super chin scratches and head rubs from total strangers.

2.
The new subways. The best is when it's empty and I can see from one end to the other. Sometimes I wish Dan kept a tennis ball in the bag so he could whip it down the corridor for me. Maybe I'll find one in the park if the snow melts.

1.
The dream of one day sprawling out on my belly from Steeles West to Kew Beach.











No comments: